Saturday 20 August 2011

Absence makes the heart grow..............

Well a blog entry is way overdue so here goes! I have missed being home (and missed Larry,) so at the moment we are in Ballarat at the Ballarat Quilters retreat. It is wonderful that Larry could come with me so we could catch up again and he could have some time out from work.
I will have had only 4 days at home in the last 4 weeks but I have enjoyed meeting many quilters who have allowed me to share in my obsession. I started In Brisbane where I met with a group from the Kenmore Schoolhouse Quilters where we spent two days designing. I then spent a day and evening with members of the Queensland Quilters Guild. My host Libby lives in a beautiful Queenslander. (You can have a great read about these houses if you click on the link). Thanks so much Libby for having me for 6 whole nights and especially for the cooking, transporting and wood fires at night! 

Libby in front of her Queenslander.
I did not pay attention to its age but it was definitely over 100 years old.
I also finally caught up with Judy who I have been corresponding with for a number of years  and she generously shared a day with me showing me some Brisbane sights...thankyou Judy. She teaches locally and also shares in all things 'William Morris' and has made many stunning William Morris inspired quilts.

I left Brisbane and headed for Sydney and then took a 3 hour train journey to Newcastle where I spent another fun filled weekend with quilters from far and wide. Before the workshop I took this little tram/bus on a one hour tour of Newcastle..........the following are just a few memories taken on my mobile phone (no room for the camera in my luggage this time!)






 Fiona and Jessica (no website I'm sorry), did an amazing job organising the workshop and each participant had a kit ready for them and some extra goodie surprises! It was a great weekend as you can see!

 WOW!!! ...and my brain has totally left this talented quilter's name behind....I am so sorry!

It was time to move on again this time to Maitland for another two days of stitching for Rhonda of Southern Cross Needlework. The Hunter Valley region and the central coast of New South Wales is an area we have never explored - but we will be back as tourists in the future. Thankyou Rhonda for organising such a beautiful place to stay.........Bronte House in Morpeth. It was just bliss!



Rhonda's little shop is delightful and has some inspirational interior decoration......

 And this is a plant I have never seen before.......just stunning

So I have a few more days of teaching in Victoria so I will share more photos later....have a good week whatever you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michele.
    Your Workshop Travels have looked Great..Love all the Piccies..
    TFS.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely to travel with you as you guide us thru your trip via your blog...thanks....BUT, next time I'd like to come in person!!!! haha.....what a long but lovely time you've had, Michelle. You'll be glad to stay at home for a moment or two now I guess...I can only imagine the talents you've witnessed, and shared, in the people you've met at all these locations...how lovely for all involved.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x