Tuesday 17 April 2012

Quilt Convention is over - phew!

What a wonderful four days meeting quilters in my classes from all around Australia and New Zealand - and even Singapore! Thanks so much girls for coming and sorry I lost my voice! The Mystery class went down well (I think!) and I can reveal what we did! First I am showing the architecture from the building and then my interpretation........
The cushion...
The table or bed runner.....
 And the quilt - unfinished of course!!..... (room for lots of machine quilted feathers)
And now some of the class results. Participants were told to just bring two colours (and maybe a third), and they had no idea what they were doing............
It is a great honour to be a part of the Australasian Quilt Convention. There will be many quilt photos on the web - from me here a just a few - especially of the stunning building interior
 The "Boss"..............
 The "other Boss"!.............
 The delightful Kay Haerland ........
 And one of her earlier quilts and some detail - I love the beading!

So it is time I 'hit the sack' but before I go.........those first eleven of you who have left a comment from the previous post giveaway.....you will all be sent a copy! So please email me your address so I can pop it in the post.
Have a great week X

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your class patterns are amazing and such a wonderful reminder of a beautiful venue! Thanks again for the pattern win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is just gorgeous! I wish I was there. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that black and white cushion! I think I must do one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea to use the building's decoration as inspiration for your designs. Your students did wonderful work!
    I love the table runner.
    Thank you for the pattern from your previous giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is stunning as always Michele. Well done & lucky ladies in your class.
    I absolutely love that building; its full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele,
    I want to scream so you can hear me in Australia. The black and white pillow is as we say in the U.S. "drop dead" I am going to study group tonight and we are going to spend the time drooling over it!!!!
    Meanwhile it looks like you have been very busy and I am so envious of the show it looks like the best int he world. Hope to hear from you when you recover from the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michele. I was lucky enough to take a class with you during the convention. Such a relaxed and happy class! I'm still getting shredding through sewing too close to the applique -sigh- but my points are looking good!

    Cheers - Lesley (Tassie)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did some of my Uni exams in the Exhibition Building. It was very difficult to concentrate on Calculus when there was so much beauty around!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x