Monday 16 July 2012

UK tour - day one in 8 weeks!!


Helen has just emailed me and mentioned we will be on the road in just 8 weeks for the BIG EVENT!.........crikey's as we say down under! But first we have just one day before we hit the road here at home for workshops in NSW and Victoria - just hope this jolly flu has gone by the weekend as we (well me anyway!), are still feeling pretty low :-(
Excitement is building and the list of all you wonderful fellow Morris devotees is before me. I have met some of you personally, some of you via the internet (Hi Penny in Canada!!)...and under Helen's care we are going to have the most amazing time!
So a sneak peek at what we will be doing one afternoon and a day - well apart from wining, dining and visiting the amazing homes and works of Art from the Master himself..........

 The textile project I have designed was inspired by 'net ceiling',  a ceiling wallpaper produced by Morris in 1895 - a year before he died

 We can applique or embroider and the kits are on their way to the UK. Pray they arrive as the two large boxes cost us over $200 to post!!..........and yes I have been doing some embroidery and loving it!!

The highlights for me are too numerous but I am especially looking forward to dinner at the Victoria & Albert Museum, Evensong at Birmingham Cathedral, lots of these.......
.......Dinner at Oxford University especially to see this....

And so much more.....I will share even more temptations later!! For now a bit more of this (and thank you for all your get well wishes - take care wherever you are XX).........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x