Friday 4 January 2013

Sweltering sun

We were told on the news tonight that we have just experienced the hottest day since January 15th 1939! It peaked at 45C in the afternoon - and on the old scale that is a mere 113F! Some parts of our state reached 48C (118.4F!!), but thankfully the bushfires in our area have not eventuated. What is frightening is the number of fires across the whole country as you can see HERE AT THIS LINK.

My garden has suffered but it seems trivial to really complain considering how safe and lucky we are - none the less I will share images of the roses that got sizzled today..........





Below was my Gingko tree a couple of days ago.......


and this is what it looks like after today..........



My William Morris rose a few days ago......


and the blooms today......


So while Australia sweltered our friends in Canada continue to cool us with their backyard.........



Today Paul sent a few photos of this little cardinal.........


And for a little chuckle he threw this image in.........

 These are my favourite shots using Paul's telephoto lens.......just stunning.....thanks Paul xx



Maybe a Christmas card for 2013?....


Finally I wanted to share this website with you.....the website of Yumiko Higuchi. There was quite a bit of drooling on my desk when I saw her work.....enjoy the visit - you will not be disappointed!


I must get back to my embroidery.....
I hope you are safe and well and staying cool or warm in your part of the world xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x