Monday 25 March 2013

A William Morris celebration

On this day in 1834 a true genius was born. I give thanks every day for the amazing and beautiful designs of William Morris. Below is a self portrait at the age of 22.....
 Aged 23...........
 Aged 53.....those years of hard work are showing. This is a portrait by Frederick Hollyer and my most favourite image of Morris......
Lots of sites will be celebrating "Topsy's" birthday today including Red House and I did not realise Morris purchased the piece of land to build Red House on his actual birthday! I can't wait to return to his two homes later this year.....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x