Tuesday 23 July 2013

Last day in Taupo

It has been an incredible event here at Taupo, New Zealand. The volunteer committee have done an outstanding job with over 40 tutors and 1300 students to organise. Tonight we have had a farewell dinner and many will be flying to all parts of the world back to homes, families and other events. For me.....this is one of the 'treats' that awaits me at home..........
He sure makes my heart swell but I had better get back to sharing the final days of Symposium! Patty Hempen was in the adjoining classroom and a delight.......
Yesterday I came across this forest of pastel colour in her classroom........


 Hmmmm...........all those little pieces!!

 We had an opportunity to visit the quilt show and this was the Best of Show winner by Valda Sutton.......
 It was a stunning interpretation of a Turkish plate.........
with detail......

 Last night we were also treated to a traditional Maori meal of Hangi where food is cooked in the ground by heated rocks. We were also entertained once again by the local youth and this included the Haka....


The last two days in class we have explored tile designs and turned them into fabric tiles..........





Thankyou so much everyone for joining me in all five days of classes and thanks again to the organisers for inviting me - it has been an amazing 6 days. More news when I am home. Take care wherever you are xx

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your trip - it is always so nice to see what other quilters are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time visiting with you as you shared your photos. That tile design class would make another wonderful book!
    Safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have finally made it home safe and sound. Once again, thank you for a wonderful class, it was so much fun and I can't wait to finish off my tiles. Suzanne (suz-allthegoodonesaretaken.blogspot.com) - the third from the left in the back row

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to meet you Michelle, it was a blast wasn't it? I enjoyed looking at your photos, I just didn't seem to get time to wander around the town and I'm disappointed I didn't get to see Gwen's exhibition or the Red exhibition!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x