Saturday 19 September 2015

Abundant Blooms

We have had some glorious days of sunshine but still some unexpected cool ones as well. But the springtime blooms at home are welcome……



 As I was taking these photos I looked up and saw some massive black clouds coming so they created a stunning backdrop to the peach blossom……..

 We soon had some very heavy rain and then that night on the news we heard there had been flash flooding and a deluge of hail nearby. You can see some amazing images here at this link - some areas had hail six inches thick!
Our 'Morris Maids' group is visiting the Art Gallery of SA and Carrick Hill next week so Larry and I went off to pay fees etc. While we were at Carrick Hill I took some more photos of some of the springtime blooms……...


 The pleached (ornamental) pear on the arch was spectacular……...

 It looked bare just a few weeks ago……
 and now this………


And then this view some weeks back……...

and now this………..





 Again I seem to leave out any relevance on this blog to William Morris but I do know he would have loved the blooms! Yesterday Maisie received a brand new hearing aid so before that we all had a ride on Popeye and then a picnic on the river bank. Unfortunately it was tarnished with a somewhat cheeky and rather aggressive pelican trying to steal our lunch! Our screams of course frightened the little ones but it was rather intimidating and very, very large!……


 There don't seem to be any photos of Beau on the boat but I suspect that is because he was being a 3 year old grump!











 So Maisie is now fitted with a whiz bang super duper model and Emily recorded that here……
I did love Brett's remark about waiting for someone to comment about why she has a mobile phone bluetooth head set on her head!
Both Mum and Dad were working today so this afternoon a model train exhibition was the highlight for Beau…….

 This train set was so tiny……..the engine was less than one inch long!
 He was thrilled to be able to use the controls on some displays……..

 I was sorry to read of some very sad news today with the loss of Andrew Dunbar from brain cancer. Andrew was a truly talented photographer who had such a diverse portfolio from photographing body piercings to embroidery! He has been the photographer for Inspirations Magazine and for both my William Morris books so I can enjoy his talent forever. I was so thrilled to have met him and he shared some very wise words with me that I will never forget. He was far too young and it is such a great loss……
So on a final note this is one image we will treasure that Emily captured a couple of weeks ago…very precious. Till next time I hope life is 'blooming' good in your part of the world.



2 comments:

  1. It is always a joy seeing your photos and wonderful that you share your blessed life.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x