Tuesday 27 December 2016

William and May Morris in Adelaide Events!

I have finally made the commitment and I am thrilled to announce our inaugural "William and May Morris in Adelaide" events for April 2018 and April 2019. At the top of this blog you will find a page with some initial details listed with much more to follow. Send me an email if you would like to be put on the 'expression of interest' list! Now that I have stopped travelling to the UK it will be our pleasure to host you here in our home town where we can finally reveal "the biggest collection" of Morris furnishings outside the UK!! So with that excitement over it is back to the happenings at home. Christmas Day has been and gone and of course the little ones are what made us smile.......the day was the hottest Christmas Day in Adelaide for over 71 years but inside with the air-conditioning on one would not have known (not quite the same for others that suffered power failures and ruined days)...........

It was lovely to have the whole family together for a hot traditional lunch - something we haven't done for many years...........







 The weather has now turned very humid and we are seeing visions of Uluru flooding on the news - another once in 50 year event and sadly some people are missing........
 The garden is loving the drenching at home and it makes for some nice time stitching inside........
 
 This was this afternoon's project that was the result of a beautiful gift I received in the post from Jill in Western Australia. I was so excited when I opened the package that I had to search the internet to find her phone number to say thankyou  Jill machine embroidered the very cheeky Peter Rabbit for me and I've now appliquéd it onto fabric and made myself a sewing purse. Thankyou so much Jill for such a lovely and thoughtful gift......I love it!.........

 I also helped Sophie finish this fabulous cushion today. This was my biggest surprise on my 60th birthday......the design was created by Sophie (my 32 year old daughter), and to say I am chuffed is an understatement! If you look carefully there are butterflies with a number '6' and a '0' on the wings. Thankyou Sophie - I had no idea you had this talent! x Now I just have to work out where it looks best!.......
 So while I am in the sewing mood I need to start designing a new series of quilts but this time with a difference. I am planning on playing with some of Morris's carpet motifs but with a modern twist and in colours that Morris might not have approved...but with my new love of the limes and aqua on the outside furniture these colours are inspiring me! More of that soon......

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice Christmas even though it was hot. The weather has been strange world wide this year. Such a nice pillow - it is so nice when we find out our daughters have talent in stitchery when they seem to keep the interest hidden for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice Christmas you had. Sometimes I wish our Christmas was during summer - traveling to see family during Winter is hard and dangerous at times. Beau is looking so big. And Maisie is as cute as ever. I never think of Uluru and water so that photo was amazing to me. Hope they find that family. Your new purse is darling and that cushion - she takes after her mum. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas photos, Michele. The Morris in Adelaide sounds fabulous but we will be away then. Perhaps 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you on Christmas Day Michele because I knew it was going to be hot in Adelaide. Auckland was quite pleasant at about 20C. Glad you had a lovely day with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x