Sunday 1 October 2017

Slow snails

Larry and I both feel like slow snails at the moment especially finding it hard to get out of bed each morning. Maybe it is the long cool days, or worrying about things one has no control over and quite possibly the start of daylight savings! So slow snails it is!.......
I've been busy preparing packages for Symposium in New Zealand and I hate to think what it all weighs.....just three more sleeps....
 The team have been planning this event for four years and I can't believe my contract was signed almost two years ago!.........
 So packing bags is tomorrow's job as we have the little ones on Tuesday. I actually decided to get out and about yesterday while most people were glued to their TV watching the Australian Football Grand final! The city was very quiet so we managed a visit to the State Library to see an exhibition that coincided with an International Astronautical Congress that was being held right here in Adelaide .......

 Beau was in awe of it all as he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up and he has said that for a year now! Of course an even bigger thrill was when he discovered that locally born and bred Andy Thomas was a NASA astronaut! He is hoping Andy will be around to teach him one day! I only had my phone for photos and for some reason the one of Andy's space suit was very blurred. But it was special to see the flag that went to the moon and back and little pieces of the moon surface as well......
 I also took Beau and Maisie to the museum so that makes for a wonderful time together while Poppa was home watching the local team lose their game 😟. During the week my phone came in handy again at our local shopping centre where the local orchid growers had a beautiful display........
 The aroma on this tiny white native orchid was glorious.......
 and I even found one called a pathfinder to remind me of my late Dad in his role as a pathfinder in WW2.........

 They had some for sale at bargain prices so now we have one at home to enjoy in Larry's favourite reading corner........

 We have had a few sunny days this week and caught up with special friends one day for lunch where we were reminded of our friendship of over 43 years and also of how lucky we are to live where we do......

 The drive home south reminded us of cooler days once again as the cool change clouds were heading our way........


 So next time we chat it will be from New Zealand, so till then I hope life is treating you well wherever you are x

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have an amazing time here in Christchurch Michelle. I am so annoyed with myself, I obviously didn't read my Symposium information enough as if I had realised you were coming I would have booked a class with you. Bother. Anyway hope you have a good time as I said. The weather has been lovely, hope it stays like it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x